Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Passion: medical field? or art?

As I read these self-help and spiritual books--, I am starting to second-guess the career I ought to take.

Am I passionate enough? Do I have what it takes and energy and love for neurology?

It intrigues me. I do not tire from learning; however, will that make me happy? Will that fulfill my spirit? Am I passionate, enough? God, if it is-- work it.

When I was younger, the thing that set me free and blissful was music and dance. I have a gift for poetry. Is this what I ought to do, instead? Yes, I can go to college for these, however, how stable is it? Moreover, will it provide enough for me? My (future) family? Bills? etc. It does not seem stable to me.

Therefore, am I pushing myself to feel passionate about something else? If or when I go into the medical field, I want to be happy. I know it will provide. Is that the reason why it drives me or intrigues me? God, if this is what you want me to do, you're going to have to make it happen.

I have to believe. Something has to happen to make me believe the medical field is the right path. God, I need a sign.

No comments: