Saturday, October 11, 2008

I came back from Miami October 5th. I cannot believe I am back. I knew how it is going to be like when I am back in California...

The week went by quickly once I arrived. I wonder why that is?

You know how it is when you're having a good time and the time or week goes by quickly? It did not for me in Miami.

Being in Miami with Jeanette and her friends made it wonderful. I had a great time. Two weeks felt longer and every day there was something new.

We went to the Metro Zoo, Vizcaya (beautiful home and gardens), had an apartment on the beach, went out at night, going to South Beach, and their surprise party for me before I left (glow stick war!).

The time there did not seem or feel short. The time there is what I needed. The time there did not have to go by quickly. I am glad it did not. I needed that time to rejuvenate myself. Find peace within myself and gain wisdom. I was happy, serene, tranquil, and in love with life.

I allowed myself to fall in love with the action of love, as I was around Jeanette and Danny. Noticing their actions toward each other swept me with love, and the acceptance that I do not need to be in love to feel love. I felt theirs-- and that is all I needed. I do not need a relationship when I see one working in love.

As I have said in a past entry,- love takes effort.
Someone once told me that falling in love is easy. I argued that is not love. It takes work. Love with your significant other is precious. Falling in love takes time. Staying in love takes effort.

Being in love with life and people around me is all I need right now. I do not need to be with someone to know that.



I did not worry over money, bills, a car, work, or pressure as I do in California. When one does not think of money or experience the pressure of others, they are happy. For instance, when my family and I did not have money, when we did not have many things, when we slept on the floor, went from place to place, stayed in the car, had very little food-- I was grateful for what I had at the time. From what I have been through when I was very young taught me to appreciate the things I had, and not worry about what I did not have. Money does not create happiness. A currency that is involved in our life.

"There are times of stress, but sometimes you forget you're poor-- even when you don't have money-- and you start to think you're rich." - Melody Beattie


This is how it was like for those two weeks.


Now, I experienced my first week back in California, renewed. The week went by quickly, and everyday was the same. The thing that was mainly on my mind this week was money. I will be broke after I pay the rent, buy food, and pay my final payment for my school.

Although I have been slightly stressed (I have been using what I learned and read while I was in Miami to help me go through the day), I have been somewhat calm. I read and meditated once I arrive home from work. I turn off my phone, grab my iPod and put on my Feng Shui: Music for balanced living on. I start to read, write, and by the time I was done, I laid down and closed my eyes, and listened to the music. It is the closest to serenity I can achieve. It is the closet I can get, as if I was in Miami.

Morever, I am back. I am being impeccable with my word, although I do not speak much or at all here. I am telling myself not to take things personally (I remind myself of this anytime an unwanted emotion strikes me, and it happens a lot). I do not make assumptions. Above all, I am trying my best.

1 comment:

Jessica 洁玲 said...

Hey, thanks for becoming a follower of my blog! what part of california are you in? i hope things get better! miss ya!