Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Christina Aguilera - Back to Basics concert

Last night was amazing.
She gets better every time I see her.
She leaves me speechless, amazed, and quietly ecstatic.

...............................
...............................

I did not buy the tickets, my co-worker did. He invited me, and how can I refuse? However, it turns out that he is not able to go because of poor judgment on his part or friends. I am unaware of the details, but he will be in jail for 45 days.

I received an envelope from a woman while I was at work while it was extremely busy.
"You're ______?"
Surprised and confused, I smiled, "Yes,"
She hands me an envelope with my name written in capital letters on the front. The writing looked familiar, but I put it to the side and continued what I was doing.

I went to the break room and tore the envelope; there was this excitement in my hands, and my face felt flushed.

There was another envelope, and the words, 'Have fun. - ____ ______'





Henceforth, I asked my boyfriend if he wanted to go. I told him, and I was sincere and completely honest with him, that he does not need to go because I can ask one of my other co-workers to go with me, instead.

He said yes.

"You don't have to go, if you don't want too? Are you sure?"
"Yes," and I believed him when he said that he wanted to spend time with me.

It turned out three hours before the concert- he did not. He gave his ticket away to his co-worker.

Now, I will not explain how that happened, because I have to get ready for work in a few minutes.

Nevertheless, here is the reason I logged on: I believed his decision is wrong and inconsiderate. I told him many times he does not have to go; I just needed to find someone to go with me. I knew he is not interested, but he said he wanted to spend time with me. I told him a plethora of times that I will bring M.G.* with me, because I know she wants to go.

I believed it was wrong because he did not consider that his ticket was originally ____'s, and I explained to him why it was wrong and put him in the position of what it felt like to know that you spend your money on two tickets, originally for one self and another (me). Therefore, if any thing were to happen, I shall bring someone we know.

How would you like to know that the ticket you paid for was given to some stranger?

No comments: