Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It bothers me when my parents brings me into their drama. If I say anything remotely offensive or "rude" to my mother, she will throw a fit and cry, uncontrollably. My step father will cuss in tagalog (sp? I don't care) and that is the end of it.

She is the most stubborn and selfish person I know. I know where I get my tenacity from, but I hope it is not as bad as hers!

He-- I don't know what to say about him. I pity him, sometimes. So, I won't say anything; aside from that he can be an ass, like every one else.

I haven't recieved my W2 form. I called my work and the corporate office; they didn't help much.

I really need to save my money. No more gifts! No more lending!
I have to start paying my school, and it is close to $1,000.
My mother is unable to do it, so I have to pay it off. I want to receive my English credit and my last two, then I can graduate high school. But now, I don't make enough. Plus, my money goes to the rent, my phone bill, and cable/internet bills. I'm left with less than $50. I hope it does not take a long time. I don't want to ask for help from my step dad because he is going through enough. My relatives does not know I'm home schooled, and I don't want them knowing what we are going through.

It's not pride or embarrassment.
In candor, I don't care if they knew I'm home schooled, without a car, and live in the ghetto- at least I live somewhere and have a job and paying bills, on top of that- at least I'm not as selfish, conceited, and superficial like their children who has it made for them. I don't think I am better than them, but those things bug me and I stay away from people like that after knowing them for years; unless there is something deep and they are like that, then I won't be as hard on them about being the
way they are.
The point is I am not ashamed of where I am. Sure I may get upset if they say anything (because I am sensitive), but they are the reason why I am working harder and trying to grow in to a sensible and a better person for myself. Also, it is my drive to show them that I am not a "loser" or that I am "ruining" my life. I'm working and trying in my life, and I know that I am not a failure. I make mistakes and I know I am not as strong as I want to be; but I'm here, and I'm making the best of it- the smart way.

No comments: