Friday, January 12, 2007

At the beginning, I did not mind walking to work. Those two miles to-and-from were good to me. Now, it is the most unwanted part of the day.

Perhaps, if we lived in a nicer neighborhood, I'll be okay with it. If I didn't have to deal with the stares and voices of men or women, I'll be okay. Now, it terrifies me. Every time I walk past that courthouse and their buses full of men and women, I'm afraid of what will happen.

I ought not to fear; but I do.
Especially at night, I fear.

Now, I have to leave two hours before I start work; so I can avoid that night.

I have been thinking of quitting. I am tired of that job. I am tired of the people taking advantage of my altruism and my unwillingness to say no. Some knows how to make me feel bad.

I know I should be firm and honest with them. I can be angry and they know how to soften me with a sad or pitiful story.

I am tired of it all.

No comments: