Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I'm lingering.

"Wise women hold on to the promises of God and let go of the things that poison or frustrate life" ("Fight Like a Girl," Lisa Bevere)

Perhaps letting go of the mission group I'm a part of will be better. I already have a bible class in the morning, and the homework is time-consuming and heavy, but absolutely worth it. I am working more hours and I have classes in the week.

I've had a lot on my plate for the past year and a half. All the work and less rest is getting to me. I've become sad, lonelier, and introverted. Most days, I don't feel like doing anything, and I've been tired more so for almost 10 months.

A couple of people asked if I'm depressed, or if I have mild depression. I don't believe so. The only thing that keeps me motivated to get up in the morning (although it's a slow process) is my security in God. I'm happier in church. My joy still lingers, but it's only lingering. At least it's genuine. At least I have my guitar and music. I'm ok.

No comments: