Monday, May 21, 2007

College and Work

I am looking into college classes and I have narrowed them down to four: Sociology 101, Japanese 1, Music 46abcd, and Nursing. The trouble is I am unsure how this is going to work out. I am sure I am unable to graduate before the fall classes begin, so that means I have more time for college; however, less hours at work (that is if I am not working next door.). If I were to work in the corporate office, I will have a full-time position from seven or eight in the morning to three or four in the afternoon. My problem is that the classes I want to take are not open at the times I want or need, including the weekend classes. The only weekend class from what I listed above is nursing. Unfortunately, I am slightly uninterested. I am planning to make this my permanent job if nothing else goes well with the others.

To begin with, I only want to go to school part-time. This means I have to eliminate a class. By impulse, the class to give up is nursing; however, I know I should stick with it. Therefore, this means I am (that is, in future tense) to eliminate Music 46abcd or Japanese 1.

The reason I decide to take a Japanese language course is only my own interest and fascination with Japan. However, am I going to make a life there if I were to move? I can be self-taught if I had to give this up, but I will not gain more knowledge of the language, etc.

As for Music, it has been a big part of me since I was younger. I have taken violin classes in elementary school, and I am still deeply in love with it. The plus side for this is I can teach myself.

Therefore, it comes down to this: if I had to choose a class to eliminate, sadly, it will be music.

No comments: